Thanks for your interest in supporting Westlight Community Church! Your financial support and generosity enable us to continue pursuing our vision: Experience Heaven Together.
During COVID-19, giving options include USPS or online.
To give via United States Postal Service
- Please make checks payable to "Westlight Community Church" and mail to PO Box 641095 Los Angeles, CA 90064.
There are two options for online giving:
- Recurring Gift: Set up automatic, recurring gifts using your checking account. Just create an account and determine how much and how often. After each automatic transaction, an email will be sent to notify you of your contribution. To change your recurring giving amount, please sign in to your account and make the necessary changes.
- One Time Gift: Give a one time gift.
You can also give in person during service. A offering basket is passed during the final song.
In the Old Testament, it was required that the people of God gave a tenth of their income regularly. However, in the New Testament, there is no reference to such a command, because Jesus raised the bar. As Christians, we are required to give all of ourselves to Him. This means we are now free to be generous.
For this reason, the amount you give is completely up to you. We encourage our congregants to commit to a percentage of their income and give regularly, whether that is weekly, monthly, or annually.
- We are forgetful! One of our pastors admitted to not giving due to forgetting his checkbook at home. Online giving removes this problem.
- Consistent giving. If you made a commitment to give a certain amount, setting up a recurring transaction will help you carry out your commitment.
- Discipline. Consistent giving pushes us to be more dedicated to God in our finances rather than just giving whatever happens to be in our pockets.
- Saves time. The online giving form is extremely easy to fill out. If you set up a recurring transaction, you only need to do so once and the system does the work for you the rest of the year.
HOW IT WORKS
Q: How do I give online?
A: Go to www.westlight.org/give and click on "Click To Give" Once the online form appears, simply follow the easy-to-understand instructions.
Q: What payment method can I use to give online?
A: We accept debit cards and bank account transfers. If this is your first time giving, feel free to utilize your debit card. This option is available for your convenience. However, if you plan on giving regularly, due to the fees associated with debit card transactions, we ask that you switch to using ACH bank transfers. Bank account transfers have the lowest fees so we are able to make the most of your gift.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we do not accept credit cards.
Q: How much does it cost for me to give online? Are there any hidden fees?
A: Other than your donation amount, there are no additional fees or costs for you to give online. In other words, the amount you select to give will be the amount transferred from your bank account. And this amount will be recognized as your donation amount. There are certain fees that Westlight Community Church incurs to process your online donation, but we do not pass these fees on to you nor deduct them from your donation amount.
Q: Can I set up a recurring/ongoing donation?
A: Yes. You can set a recurring schedule of weekly, biweekly, or monthly. You can also choose to make a one-time donation.
Q: How do I change my recurring giving amount?
A: Sign in and make the changes. With our current system (Planning Center Giving), all you need is your email address to log in. Once you enter the giving form page, click on the "Log In" button on the top left of your screen. Type in your email address, and submit. Check your inbox to find an email from Westlight Community Church. There is an active link in that email that will take you to your account page. This link is good for 30 minutes, so make sure you access your account page within 30 minutes of receiving that email.
TAX RELATED QUESTIONS:
Q: Is my donation to Westlight Community Church tax-deductible?
A: Westlight Community Church is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which means your donation is tax-deductable to the extent allowed by law.
Q: How will I receive documentation stating that my gift is tax-deductible?
A: Every time a transaction occurs, you will receive an email that you can print. This email will serve as your giving statement. You can also look at your giving history on your account page. You can access this page by following the directions on "How do I change my recurring giving amount" above.
Q: Who do I talk to if I have further questions regarding online giving?
A: Different questions require different people to answer. Feel free to send your questions by email to Pastor Kats (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will get your question answered by the most qualified person!